« All Events
July 9, 2016 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
JULY 09 2016!
- Band must be comprised of at least two (2) members.
- Half of the band’s members must be age 18 or under.
- One or more band members must have a valid St. Louis County Library Card.
- All lyrics must be appropriate in language and subject and family-friendly.
- Any costumes must be appropriate and family-friendly.
- Band must submit one song for the online voting competition by providing a link to an MP3 or YouTube performance of the song, along with written lyrics.
- The three (3) bands with the most votes, plus two (2) critics’ choices will be the five (5) finalists to perform at the Battle of the Bands on Saturday, July 9, 2016 at St. Louis County Library Headquarters. Finalists will be notified by June 29.
- If chosen as a finalist, the band will perform their online submission, plus additional songs, with total performance time not to exceed 20 minutes.
- Finalists must submit written lyrics for all songs to be performed. Lyrics are due Tuesday, July 5. Points will be deducted for songs not submitted.
- Bands must supply their own instruments and related gear. St. Louis County Library will provide a drum set, microphones, and sound equipment. Bands are responsible for any damage done to equipment provided by the library.
- At the Battle of the Bands, judging will be based on musical ability, originality, and stage presence. All judges’ decisions are final.
- Previous Grand Prize Winning bands are not eligible to enter.
Grand Prize: $250