Entries Accepted July 6th @ 12(noon) – July 21 @ 12(noon)
iSing is a Contemporary Christian Music Talent Search presented by JOY FM, Six Flags St. Louis, and Mozingo Music. Entries for the contest can be made online or mailed/dropped off to Mozingo Music during their normal office hours, Sunday, July 6th at 12noon – Monday, July 21st at 12noon. Then, the contest for the Top 10 selected entries will take place on Saturday, August 9th, 2014 at 4pm (tentatively – exact time will be announced), outside Six Flags Palace Theater.
INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
HOW TO APPLY
Completed entries MUST include the following:
- Application and injury release form
- Demo with only ONE Contemporary Christian song that you wish the judges to review. If mailed or dropped off, clearly mark the demo with your name, phone number and song title.
- Photo of contestant
Each CD or submitted demo should contain one Contemporary Christian song that you would like the judges to review, and that you would like to perform should you be selected as a finalist. When choosing a song, also keep in mind that you will be performing outdoors at Six Flags theme park. Medium and faster paced songs fit the surroundings more comfortably, but aren’t a requirement or determining factor. Here are some guidelines for the demo:
- Song cannot be longer than 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
- If using a soundtrack, you may use one with or without background vocals.
- If playing instruments live, you and an accompanist are the only two instruments that can be involved. We will provide a keyboard. But you will have to provide any other instrument you choose to use.
- Contestant can combine using soundtrack and playing along with an instrument.
- You cannot have a live background vocalist on stage. This is only allowed through a soundtrack.
- Demos should be exactly as you will sound if chosen to perform for iSing.
- The CD demos or submitted files will become the property of JOY FM and will not be returned to you, regardless of whether or not you are selected as a finalist. All requirements must be met or possible disqualification will occur.
Following our entry deadline of Monday, July 21st at 12noon, all entries will be reviewed and 10 finalists will be selected and contacted. On Monday, August 4th, JOY FM (99.1) will announce the Top 10 finalists on the morning show. The Top 10 will also be posted on JoyFM Facebook. On Saturday, August 9th, 2014, the Top 10 finalists will perform live in front of a panel of judges outside the Palace Theatre at Six Flags St. Louis. First place winner will be announced at the end of the contest. Arrangements for a rehearsal at Glory Amphitheater will be led with JOY FM rep after iSing competition is over.
- $1000 check
- Gift Certificate from Mozingo Music
- Two Mercy Me Concert Tickets
- Open for Mercy Me’s concert that evening around 7:45pm with song performed at iSing contest
- Free ticket to Songwriter’s Showcase in St. Louis, Fall 2014
APPLICATION RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
Application is for entry to iSing St. Louis 2014. The following eligibility requirements must be met in order to proceed with the application process:
- We will accept one entry per person. You may enter only as a solo vocalist.
- Each demo should sound exactly as the contestant will sound if chosen to be a part of iSing 2014. Background vocals can only be used from a soundtrack. Contestants are allowed to use a soundtrack and play along with a personal instrument.
- Each contest entry should contain only one song.
- The song may be no longer than 3 minutes and 30 seconds long.
- Song submitted on the demo must be the song performed at the iSing St. Louis competition if you are chosen as a finalist.
- You must be a legal resident of the United States and able to attend the competition on Saturday, August 9th, 2014 at Six Flags in Eureka, MO. Late arrivals can/will be disqualified.
- You must be at least 15 years of age, as of August 9th, 2014. Proof of age will be mandatory for our Top 10 finalists. Acceptable forms with proof of age include (without limitation) a valid US driver’s license, valid US passport, or birth certificate.
- Applicants under 18 years old must submit the signature of a parent/legal guardian to participate.
- All applicants who believe they meet our criteria, including persons with disabilities, are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Submission of entry gives JOY FM permission to utilize your demo, entry info, and photo as deemed appropriate by JOY FM, Mozingo Music and/or Six Flags St. Louis.
- If selected as a Top 10 finalist, you MUST BE AVAILABLE to perform live on Saturday, August 9th, 2014 at 4pm (tentative time), in front of the Palace Theatre at Six Flags St. Louis. And if chosen for first place, you MUST BE AVAILABLE to perform the same evening at the opening of our Mercy Me concert. You will receive two (2) free tickets to the concert – one (1) for you, and one (1) for a guest.
- Performing finalists will receive one complimentary admission into Six Flags St. Louis on Saturday, August 9th, 2014. If one accompanist or one guardian is needed, entry will also be provided for them. But parking and all travel expenses for the iSing competition and live performance on Saturday, August 9th, 2014 will be the applicant’s sole responsibility. Cost for parking is $20 per car.
- If any contestant in the Top 10 is under the age of 18, a parent/legal guardian (or person(s) with consent from parent/legal guardian) must accompany the finalist to Six Flags.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- Neither you nor any of your immediate family members or anyone living in your household may be or have been within the past 3 months employees, board members, or contract staff of any of the following: (a) JOY FM; (b) Six Flags St. Louis; (c) Mozingo Music (d) Any sponsor of the event; or (e) Any judge of the event. In addition, JOY FM, Mozingo Music, and Six Flags St. Louis reserve the right to render ineligible any person who they determine, in their sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production, administration, judging, or distribution of the event such that his or her participation in the event could create the appearance of impropriety.
- JOY FM, Mozingo Music and Six Flags St. Louis reserve the right to render ineligible, at any time in the competition, any contestant. This will be at the sole discretion of JOY FM, Mozingo Music and Six Flags St. Louis.
- ONLY entries received between Sunday, July 6th, at 12noon and Monday, July 21st, at 12noon will be considered for iSing 2014.