4th Annual Battle of the Bands! July 13, 2013
Mozingo Music is proud to sponsor the 4th Annual Battle of the Bands! produced by St. Louis County Library
Bands can enter online between May 27 and June 9, 2013.
Mozingo Music encourages our students (and non-students) to send in their auditions. Let’s show St. Louis County the talented musicians at Mozingo Music!
Vote online for your favorite band June 12 thru June 30.
The three bands with the most votes, plus two critics’ choices will be the five finalists to compete at the Battle of the Bands on Saturday, July 13.
Vote online for your favorite band between June 12 and June 30. Finalists will be notified on July 1. The three (3) bands with the most votes, plus two (2) critics’ choices will be the five (5) finalists to compete at the Battle of the Bands on Saturday, July 13.
For more information visit www.slcl.org/teens/battle-of-the-bands or call Youth Services at 314-994-3300.
Deadline to Enter is June 9 – Submit Application Online HERE
- Band must be comprised of at least two (2) members.
- Half of the band’s members must be under the age of twenty (20).
- One or more band members must have a valid St. Louis County Library Card.
- All lyrics must be appropriate in language and subject and family-friendly.
- Any costumes must be appropriate and family-friendly.
- Band must submit one song for the online voting competition by providing a link to an MP3 or YouTube performance of the song, along with written lyrics.
- The three (3) bands with the most votes, plus two (2) critics’ choices will be the five (5) finalists to perform at the Battle of the Bands on Saturday, July 13 at St. Louis County Library Headquarters.
- If chosen as a finalist, the band will perform their online submission, plus additional songs, with total performance time not to exceed 20 minutes.
- Finalists must submit written lyrics for all songs to be performed. Lyrics are due Monday, July 8.
- Bands must supply their own instruments and related gear. St. Louis County Library will provide a drum set, microphones, and sound equipment. Bands are responsible for any damage done to equipment provided by the library.
- At the Battle of the Bands, judging will be based on musical ability, originality, and stage presence. All judges’ decisions are final.
- Previous Grand Prize Winning bands are not eligible to enter, but last year’s Grand Prize Winner will be invited for an encore performance.
- Grand Prize – $250
- Runner Up – $150