Friday, November 21st, 2014
TO GET SET UP TO RECEIVE HIGH SCHOOL CREDIT FOR LESSONS WITH THIS INSTRUCTOR, VISIT THIS PAGE: http://educationaladvantageonline.com/
EA ONLINE PROFILE:
What are your educational achievements?
- Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville – Jazz Performance, Music Education
- Maryville University – BA Psychology and Sociology
How many years have you been playing?
How many years have you taught music?
What year did you start with Mozingo Music?
- I worked on the sales floor and taught for Mozingo Music from 1995 to 2001.
What are your musical highlights?
- I have had the privilege to play with David Newman, Chris Vadala, Eddie Daniels, John Pizzarelli, Dave Weckl, Bill Watrous, and Clark Terry.
What musicians are you influenced by?
- Michael Brecker
- Sonny Stitt
- Mike Stern
- Sonny Rollins
- Charlie Parker
- Miles Davis
What bands have you played with?
- In addition to playing with a gospel big band, Psalm 150, I have been the leader of a contemporary Christian band, PowerHouse for the last 13 years. I have also performed with local bands: Generations, Phoenix.
What is your teaching style?
- I focus on classical, jazz, pop/rock, and contemporary Christian music. I like to introduce music theory and ear training into each lesson. Study materials will include pieces from school and selected studies out of the Rubank book.