Allison Kelley, student of Wendi Dicken, earned first chair flute in the 2014 Chaminade District Honor Band. Alison also earned a 1 rating at solo and ensemble competition on March 1, 2014.
Congratulations to: Abby Ross, Kelly Storrs, Kaley Robinson, Jessica Stano, Hannah Maliszewski, Jackie Boyd, and Seong Bin Hyun (all students of Mozingo Music’s woodwind instructor, Becky Swett). They have all been chosen for All Suburban Honor Band!
Congratulations to Andrew Button (drums/percussion student of Brett Voelker)! Andrew was chosen as Selvidge Middle School’s “Band Student of the Week”!
Congratulations to the following student of Wendi Dicken:
- Cal Dummerth: Accepted to Lindenwood University for Musical Theatre (honors) awarded role of Benny Southstreet in Guys and Dolls
- Trevor Carter: Accepted to University of Central Missouri for Music Technnology (honors) winner, all school talent competition
- Kaitlyn Snider: Accepted to Truman State University for Music Education honors student
- Kristina Jordan: Accepted to Miami University and Southern Illinois University for Opera Performance (honors)
- Beth Whitehouse: Accepted to Southeast Missouri State University for Musical Theatre/Dance awarded role of Dolly Lhama in Orpheus Descending
- Matthew Bradshaw: Awarded role of Cinderella’s Prince, Lindenwood University’s production of Into the Woods
- Jessica Stano: Accepted to Harding College for Music Education (honors)
- Lowell Mattox: Named Chairman of the Board of Directors, Mozingo Center for Creative Arts
- Cami Dummerth: Accepted to Missouri Valley College for Musical Theatre (honors)
- Chris Jansson: Made Missouri District Honors Choir
- Madison Britt: Accepted to Lindenwood University for Music Education
- Alex Chinigo: Won a spot in Francis Howell student talent showcase
- Kristina Jordan: accepted into the prestigious Opera Theatre of St. Louis Young Artists in training program, and was the 2013 winner of the Monsanto Award for young opera singers
Congratulations to Aileen Markovitz (voice student of Erin Haupt). She was selected to participate in the All-District Choir this year, as well as granted an audition for the All-State Chorus.
Congratulations to Lexi Swain (guitar student of John Scott’s at our O’Fallon, MO location)! Last Spring, Lexi earned a rating of “1″ at the district level and a “2″ at the state level for her work with choir and vocal ensemble.
Congratulations to Tanner Tipton and Kirsten Dolejsi (both are students of Laura Null at Mozingo Music in O’Fallon) for being accepted into the St. Charles Youth Symphony Orchestra!
Congratulations to Aileen Markovitz (voice student of Erin Haupt at Mozingo Music in Ellisville) for being accepted into the Opera Theater St. Louis Artist in Training Program!
Congratulations to James Huyn (student at Crestview) and Becky Kottmeyer (student at Parkway West) for earning a “1″ rating at the St. Louis Solo & Ensemble Festival!
Both are 8th grade percussion students of Michael Faris.
Congrats to Xander Kerber for passing his audition and will be performing in The Muny’s production of Shrek: The Musical this summer.
Also, Aileen Markovitz received all I’s in Solo & Ensemble and will be advancing onto the State Level round in April. She will be performing works by Hahn and Schubert.
Both Xander and Aileen are students of Greg Storkan.
Congratulations to Jeremy Hofman, a freshman at Fort Zumwalt West High School and Brian Zielie’s percussion student at Mozingo’s O’Fallon location. He received an “Excellent” rating at the St. Louis District Solo and Ensemble competition for his timpani solo.
Congratulations to Zach Godiner (student of Tolkin Isakov) for earning a “1″ rating and all “superior” marks at the St. Louis District Solo and Small Ensemble Festival on March 01, 2013!
Congratulations to Yeongyun Jun (student of Tolkin Isakov) for earning all “superior” and “exceptional” ratings at the Mid-Missouri Percussion Arts competition in Lebanon, MO on March 02,2013!
Congratulations to Abby Ross and Kelly Storrs (students of Becky Swett) for earning “excellent” and “superior” ratings at Solo and Ensemble Competition!
Hannah Maliszewski and Jessica Stano received “superior” and “excellent” ratings at Solo and Ensemble Competition. Also, Jacob Eppel received a “superior” rating.
Congrats to Emily Luedloff for winning an award from the arts council!
From “Arts for Life“, she won a Best Performance Award for playing Ariel in “The Little Mermaid” (Emily is in the “Youth” category).
Emily is a student of Greg Storkan.
Congratulations to Cole Hanson. He made 1st chair tenor sax in the St. Louis Metro District 8 Honors Band & 1st chair in the St. Charles County Youth Orchestra.
Instrument: Tenor Saxophone & Alto Saxophone
Instructor: Larry Smith
Congrats to Becky Swett’s clarinet students for making honor bands for high school and middle school: Jessica Stano, Hannah Maliszweski, Kelly Storrs, and Kaley Robinson
Congratulations to students Sarah Reed, Sarah Dunnermann, Jordan Marshall, Laura Duggan, Tyler Hall, and Jessica Sabo for making All District Choir.
Laura Duggan is also made All State Choir.
All students of Melissa Payton.
Congrats to Dr. Matt Hoormann’s student Nick Sarnytsky for making the All Suburban Middle School Concert Band. Nick is a student at Parkway Central Middle School.